True Finnish Saunas Available in Fairbanks
Hoffer Glass proudly offers Finlandia Saunas. Finlandia Saunas are true Finnish saunas using either wood burning or electric stoves imported from Finland. At Hoffer Glass we provide our customers with the highest quality of products, which you find in Finlandia Saunas.
Saunas have a multitude of health benefits. The high heat of average of 160°-180° and low humidity promotes the deepest cleansing of pores of any bath in the world. The wonderful heat reduces stress, helps with tired muscles, promotes clear healthy skin and provides a fantastic feeling of well-being. Other benefits include flushing of toxins, improved cardiovascular performance, induces better sleep, helps fight illnesses like the common cold and they just feel great! With our arctic temperatures in Fairbanks there is nothing better than a true, hot sauna on a cold winter’s day.
The True Sauna Difference
There are many differences between a true Finnish sauna and an infrared sauna. An infrared sauna uses light to create heat. This type of sauna describes where the infrared waves fall on the light spectrum. A traditional sauna uses heat to warm the air, which in turn warms your body. An infrared sauna heats your body directly without warming the air around you, similar to a microwave.
A true sauna room is built from softwood, is insulated and you are able to add as much or as little water as you would like to control the humidity in the sauna room.
Finlandia Saunas come in precut and prefabricated packages.
Precut Sauna Packages
All Finlandia material packages are made to order. Precut packages are intended for use in a space that you have framed and insulated. Anyone with general carpentry experience can build a Sauna out of our FPC parts. Finlandia supplies all the interior room parts and you nail or staple our 1″x 4″ tongue and groove boards to your stud frame; boards will run horizontally. Finlandia will cut the material and build parts to fit your room; we don’t just supply a pile of uncut lumber and unassembled pieces.
Finlandia’s Standard Precut Packages include the following:
- All-clear 1″x 4″ (11/16″ thick) Western Red Cedar for your walls and ceiling
- 3/4″x 3/4″ Trim (for ceiling and corners) and 1×2 base boards in matching wood
- Assembled benches made of 2″x 2″ tops with 3/8″ spacing and 2″x 4″ facing
- Prehung glass door (24″ wide) with solid wood rails and V.G. Douglas Fir lamination, 3/4″ thick Hemlock threshold, and interior door casing
- Assembled headrest(s) for upper benches
- Finlandia Sauna heater model FLB with built-in controls (exterior wall controls optional) or Club model heater with F-2T wall control for larger size rooms
- Stones–50 to 150# (depending on heater size)
- Wooden heater guard
- Super Dek, interlocking 12″ x 12″ x 1/2″ flooring squares for walking area of Sauna room (Super Dek plastic mat overlays on your existing floor)
- P5511 Wall light, V10 Metal Vents-2 sets (V5 Cedar Vents available), Nails, DVD Instructions, and Sauna Accessories including 102N Wooden Bucket with plastic liner, 106/40 Dipper, 0301K Thermometer, 079 Headrest for each upper bench, and Bathing Sign
- Type C Building Foil (Vapor Barrier/Heat Reflector)
Prefabricated Sauna Packages
Finlandia prefab Saunas are complete, freestanding, self-contained rooms engineered with fast and effortless installation in mind. They can be put anywhere you have an open space. The space needs to be a little larger than the actual Sauna room size. You must provide a waterproof floor (concrete, tile, or vinyl). FPFs contain all interior and exterior parts. Our prefabs can be installed by the homeowner over any hard-surfaced waterproof floor.
Finlandia has an exclusive locking system inside each of our panels which makes their prefab the fastest to install, the strongest, and the most custom looking Sauna on the market. Average panel width is 24″ so wall sections can be easily brought through the house. The area where the Sauna is to be installed needs a minimum ceiling height of 87″, or if the Sauna room is 8’x 8′ or larger the minimum ceiling height is 89″. Wall sections go together without any screws, splices, or bolts. Electrical hookup is made easy because there is electrical conduit sealed within the walls, and the optional wall control is pre-mounted. Electrical power enters at the top of the Sauna room standard.
Our FPF units are shipped in pre-framed, insulated, and paneled sections, and include:
- All pre-built/insulated wall and ceiling panels. 1″x 4″ clear Western Red Cedar is the standard interior-Mahogany plywood is the standard exterior (cedar exterior is optional).
- Assembled benches made of 2″x 2″ tops with 3/8″ spacing and 2″x 4″ facing made in matching wood
- Prehung clear glass 24″ wide door with solid wood rails and V.G. Douglas Fir lamination
- Trim for exterior
- Assembled headrest(s) for upper bench(es)
- Finlandia Sauna heater model FLB with built-in controls (exterior wall controls are an option) or Club model heater with F-2T wall control for larger size rooms
- Stones–50 to 150 lbs. (depending on room size)
- Wooden heater guard
- Super Dek, interlocking 12″ x 12″ x 1/2″ flooring squares for walking area of room. Prefab Sauna does not come with a solid surfaced floor. Sauna needs to be assembled on a level concrete, tile, or vinyl floor.
- P5511 Wall light, Light Switch (if exterior control is not ordered), V10 Metal Vents (V5 Cedar Vents are optional), Screws, DVD Instructions, and Sauna
- Accessories including 102N Wooden Bucket with plastic liner, 106/40 Dipper, 0301K Thermometer, 079 Headrest for each upper bench, and Bathing Sign.